Skip to content
- How do I ensure that the variations in the stone look nice on my floor?
We recommended that you sort and blend the tiles/pavers to ensure an aesthetically pleasing result prior to fixing.
- Should I seal the stone?
We recommend sealing with a penetrating sealer to allow easier cleaning. Sealing gives you more time to clean up any spills before they could possibly mark your floor.
- How do I clean my travertine floor?
Vacuum or dust / mop frequently to remove abrasive substances that could scratch the stone. Always use a pH neutral cleaner or slightly alkaline solution.
- What substances can harm my marble floor?
Marble, travertine and limestone in particular can all be harmed by acidic substances. Avoid acid-based cleaners, vinegar, citrus juices and other acidic substances. Always blot liquid spills immediately then clean with a pH neutral solution.
- Can I walk on my stone floor with high heels?
Metal tips on high heels can damage many floors – not just stone.
- Should I buy honed or polished marble for my bathroom?
Honed marble is generally less slippery than polished marble and is a better choice for a bathroom floor.
- Why are some stones more expensive than others?
Stones that are harder and denser are more difficult and expensive to quarry and process. Quarrying methods vary as well; below ground is more expensive than above ground. Long distance shipping factors into the price.
- Why are bigger sizes more expensive?
The larger the stone, the more difficult it is to process, handle, pack, and transport. Larger sizes also tend to have a higher amount of waste.
- Will a penetrating sealer make my floor slippery?
No. A sealer is designed to penetrate below the surface of the stone. It won’t change the colour or finish.